Aussie’s love talking about real estate, and we have a reason too… in 2021 the market keeps moving ahead. CoreLogic figures reveal the average dwelling price rose 10.6 per cent annually across the nation (as of May 2021).
I want part of the action… but should I invest in property?
Buying property is a long-term, strategic decision that you have to feel comfortable with.
In the words of Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad), “Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth.”
So, where do I start?
You could start with internet searches, talk with friends and attend weekend auctions but your time and finances are a limited resource. Property investment needs to be part of your overall wealth strategy – not a haphazard decision! It pays to have a team of experts behind you to get the process right. At Triple Zero Property we focus on the key elements of successful property investments – starting with finding the right area that is growth focused.
This is how we are helping clients, like Josh and Wendy:
- In 2018, Josh and Wendy contacted me about purchasing a second investment after the success of their first property a few years earlier. Their initial property now has over $350,000 in capital growth and was positively geared from day one. The rental yield was 5.8% when they purchased the property, but it is now over 8%.
- To find their second property, we used our industry knowledge and independent research to find an area that was affordable with great rental yields.
- On behalf of Wendy and Josh, we liaised with the local government to understand what was planned for the area for infrastructure, jobs and population growth.
- Through our networks we spoke with industry experts and began conversations with developers about specific house and land packages.
- I discussed with Wendy and Josh the location we had been researching and presented the facts that supported why we were bullish with this particular area. They purchased a house and land option with one of our trusted panel builders and settled on the land in May 2019 – a 507m2 block for $138,000.This month we received the latest land release:A 508m2 block is now $285,000 = a $147,000 increase in land value. Their land value has doubled in 2 years – that is over $1400/week.
- Fast forward to 2021, Wendy and Josh have now contacted us to look at an option for their third investment property. Again, we are looking at an area with good growth, high demand, and increased infrastructure spending. Another smart buy aimed at future-proofing their property investment portfolio.
The type of investment property you build depends on location and research.
Are there still opportunities to build a property portfolio in 2021?
We are still sourcing great opportunities in this insane market and I would love to help you do the same as Josh and Wendy.
If you live in your own home, it has likely gone up in value in the last 12 months – great news! Consider if now is the time to use the equity in your home to expand your property portfolio?
The hardest thing in real estate is doing the right thing for YOU. It is about your budget, age, family, and retirement plans.
We work to get the best result in a highly competitive property market at no cost to you. Book your obligation-free consultation today on 1300 897 000.
Visit triplezeroproperty.com.au or email us at invest@triplezeroproperty. com.au for a free location research report on where you would like to buy.
This content is general information only. Your situation is specific and individual; as such, you should always consult a registered and qualified professional within the particular area of advice needed.