The Gympie area continues to be one of the best-performing areas in the state, thanks to its affordability and quality lifestyle. At Triple Zero Property, we have been investing here for the last two years and have seen incredible returns for our clients, and we still see this continuing.
A Great Place to Live
The high prices for new land on the Sunshine Coast pose challenges for buyers. As interest rates rise and borrowing capacity reduces, more people, including owner-occupiers and investors, are exploring options further north. That’s why Gympie and the Wide Bay-Burnett region remain a popular choice this year.
Stuart Greensill, Director of valuation firm HTW (Herron Todd White, Sunshine Coast), explains, “An area that remains very popular is Gympie. This area offers great value for your money and is located near Fraser Island and the Great Sandy Straits. Moreover, its proximity to the coast and vibrant communities make it a viable option.”
- Located 160 km north of Brisbane.
- 45-60 minutes away from Noosa, Nambour, and Maroochydore.
- Easy access to the rest of the Sunshine Coast via the upgraded Bruce Highway.
- Daily city train services to Brisbane CBD.
What About Flooding?
In early 2022, Gympie experienced its most significant flood in over 100 years, affecting around 1,000 homes. However, the property market demonstrated resilience, with prices bouncing back later in the year. At Triple Zero Property, our clients only invest in quality estates in the region with elevated blocks.
Great Opportunities This Year
With the current economic uncertainties, homebuyers and investors actively seek more affordable options. Consequently, there is a high demand for good-sized blocks in this area.
Danny Buxton, Director and Founder of Triple Zero Property, notes, “For my clients, I prioritize larger than average sized blocks within walking distance to local schools and shops.”
“Many first home buyers, who are being priced out of opportunities further down the coast, are taking advantage of Gympie’s relaxed, rural community and all it has to offer. I love it so much that I have bought there myself as a rural getaway”.
For investors, rental yields are relatively high, and vacancies currently stand at 1.1% (mid-2023).
- The housing market in Gympie remains robust, with increasing home prices and low inventory.
- Gympie boasts diverse industries, including agriculture, mining, manufacturing, transport, retail trade, and healthcare.
- Interest rate rises have slowed down the rates of new building approvals, which will have a flow-on effect on the rental market.
- Several renewable energy infrastructure projects are in the pipeline, such as solar farms and a proposed $35 million hydro-energy storage facility in the nearby Mary Valley.
The Gympie property market has proven its resilience. To make the most of buying in this area, proceed with confidence and rely on the expertise of the Triple Zero Property team. Our team possess local knowledge, research capabilities, and strong networks to help you build a quality home that maximizes returns over the long term.
Complete the form below or email [email protected] to learn more about this vibrant area.
This content is general information only. Your situation is specific and individual; as such, you should always consult a registered and qualified professional within the particular area of advice needed.